RIDE FOR ISABEL
Sunday 3 July
Saturday 2 July
- 10.00am – 12.00pm – Jersey Pick Up at Pump n’ Pedals (113-117 Sheridan St, Cairns)
Sunday 3 July
- 5.30am to 8.30am – Check In and Jersey Pick Up open at Norman Park, Gordonvale
- 6.00am – Bus arrives at Gordonvale to pick up the 108km Gran Fondo riders
- 6.30am – Bus departs Gordonvale with the 108km Gran Fondo riders
- 7.20am – Bus arrives in Yarrabah
- 7.30am – Smoking Ceremony and Welcome to Country
- 7.40am – Bus departs Yarrabah
- 8.00am – 108km Gran Fondo Ride Start
- 8.30am – Bus arrives at Gordonvale to pick up the 60km and 25km Bessie Point riders
- 9.00am – Bus departs Gordonvale with the 60km and 25km Bessie Point riders
- 9.30am – Bus arrives in Bessie Point
- 10.00am – 60km Bessie Point Loop to Gordonvale Ride Start
- 10.30am – 25km Bessie Point to Gordonvale Ride Start
- 11.00am – Post-Ride Barbeque in Gordonvale thanks to the Lions Club
The bus for the 108km Gran Fondo riders will arrive at Norman Park in Gordonvale at 6.00am, with a scheduled 6.30am departure. Drop off will be to Yarrabah State School.
The bus will then return to pick up the 60km and 25km Bessie Point riders at 8.30am, with a scheduled 9.00am departure.
This bus is open to all riders and has been organised so riders can park and leave their car in Gordonvale at the finish line.
Each rider this weekend will receive a Free Limited Edition Jersey. These will be available to pick up at Check In, with sizes given out first-in-best-dressed.
The start list is available online BY CLICKING HERE.
Please check to confirm you are in the correct distance. Changes and queries must be made via email to email@example.com as soon as possible.
- The Course Safety Officer is Mike Crawley – 0402 226 333.
- The Registration and Finish Line Captain is Nicola Farquhar – 0478 710 344.
- The First Aider onsite is John Fasham – 0408 240 026.
- There is no official traffic control on course for this event, however please note that each distance will have a lead and a follow car to ensure rider safety.
- A first aid vehicle will be present on course at all times.
- For our Gran Fondo riders, be careful on the climb and descent into Yarrabah – all riders must be single file.
- For our Gran Fondo riders, please ensure your brakes are of a high standard as the descent is quite steep.
- Please avoid riding two abreast where there is no verge and no lanes.
- Do not obstruct traffic and antagonise traffic at any time.
- Keep your eyes up. Look ahead and anticipate potholes on damaged roads.
- Carry a spare tube and mobile phone on you at all times.
- Try and ride with a mate, don’t leave people behind.
- Don’t be afraid to ring Mike in the event you need any support on course.
- Please report any concerning behaviour by drivers on course to Mike.
There is plenty of carparking around Norman Park in Gordonvale, near the event finish.