We understand that this event disrupts the usual flow of traffic, and appreciate your cooperation and patience throughout the duration of the event. Every effort is being made to consider individual circumstances and minimise the inconvenience placed on the community.
Types of road closures for this event
Full Road Closure
Roads will be fully closed to traffic. Alternate routes will be provided and signed by traffic control; but plan ahead to ensure there are minimal delays.
*Note* Escorts are available for residents and businesses on course. We ask that you call the following number 30 minutes prior to departure: 0402 226 333.
Rolling Road Closure
Under the rolling road closure for this race, the convoy can use both sides of the road and roundabouts, and a sterile zone from vehicles exits from the lead Police to the rear Police, in which no vehicle is permitted to drive for safety reasons.
Racing will be taking place on the road. Roads will be open to traffic as usual. Normal road rules apply.
Partial Road Closure
Pine Creek Yarrabah Rd between Gray Rd and Green Hill Rd southbound lane will be closed and traffic will be alternated through the one lane to
allow both directions of travel.
Rolling Road Closures – Encountering a Convoy
Residents encountering the convoy simply need to wait on the roadside for the convoy to move past quickly and follow Police instructions. Most times a wait of two to three minutes is all that the motorists will have to endure. We thank you for patience.
If you somehow become entangled in a race, here are five simple guidelines to follow:
- Switch on vehicle hazard lights and start to slow
- Move to the left-hand side of the road slowly (after checking there are no bikes to your left)
- Wind down the windows and if need be signal with your arm your intention to move to the left hand side of the road (as cyclists cannot always see your lights)
- Stop your vehicle off the road if safe
- Do not proceed again, until the last Police vehicle arrives